UNICEF predicts that as much as 75% of global population would live in cities by the year 2050.That’s about 34 years from now. Should we be worried? Yes and No. Yes because that means increased demand on resources that make a city…..”A CITY!!!!!!”. And no because there’s an urban design concept that plans to integrate horizontal living into vertical buildings. That’s a bit confusing right?
Imagine living in a skyscraper with 189 floors and not having to leave the building for anything.
- Grocery shopping-check
- Spa appointment-check
- Gym sessions – check
- Commute to work – check
- Visit a friend – check
Italian firm Luca Curci Architects designed a vertical city for the United Arab Emirates
- Up to 25,000 people could live in their 180-floor skyscraper.
- The building would sit in the Persian Gulf.
- The ambitious design features floors that host spas, meditation centers, a gym, and luxury hotel rooms.
- People could reach the vertical city by a bridge or helicopter.
- Equipped it with 20,000 square meters of green space
- The solar panels, made of photo-voltaic glass, can provide electricity and fresh water to the whole building
- Would incorporate vertical farming
If its as safe as it sounds , then the world could as well just be city-dwellers.